[Samba] RPM build errors-Possible Bug?

Trevor Fraser trevor at systematic.co.za
Mon Aug 19 08:07:01 GMT 2002

Hello all.

I'm trying to create the rpm for Samba 2.2.5.  I haven't uninstalled the
other version as we are using it.  I got the tar.gz from the Samba web site.
I type
# sh makerpms.sh and this is what I get this @ the end:

checking statvfs64 function (SVR4)... no
checking statvfs function (SVR4)... no
checking for 3-argument statfs function (DEC OSF/1)... no
checking for two-argument statfs with statfs.bsize member (AIX, 4.3BSD)...
no
checking for four-argument statfs (AIX-3.2.5, SVR3)... no
checking for two-argument statfs with statfs.fsize member (4.4BSD and
NetBSD)..o
checking for two-argument statfs with struct fs_data (Ultrix)... no
checking if large file support can be enabled... yes
checking whether to support ACLs... no
checking whether to build winbind... yes
checking whether to enable winbind auth challenge/response code... checking
whes
checking whether struct passwd has pw_comment... no
checking whether struct passwd has pw_age... no
checking for poptGetContext in -lpopt... no
checking whether to use included popt... ./popt
checking configure summary... configure: error: summary failure. Aborting
config

RPM build errors:
Done.
[root at merlin RedHat]#

If anyone can help, it will be greatly welcomed.  If you can see a bug here,
please let me know.  I've had one or two bug errors, and at the time I
thought " A bug, it couldn't happen to me... " .  So if I know or have a
good idea its a bug, it will help.

Thanks, Trevor.