[Samba] Whereis "nt acl support = no"

Trevor Fraser trevor at systematic.co.za
Mon Aug 19 07:57:00 GMT 2002

Hi all.

I read the doc stating:,"In order to server profiles successfully to Windows
2000 sp2 clients (when not operating as a PDC), Samba must have
            nt acl support = no"

Often I have the same problems described in the doc WRT a user.domain.000,
user.domain.001 and so on being created and an error "Access Denied" many
times I try log into the domain with the W2K machine.  I see the files
related to NTUSER.dat get there ownership changed from user to root.  Samba
is running on the PDC box though.  What does this change according to (when
not operating as a PDC), in the doc.  My main concern is I don't find nt acl
support in my profiles share, or any other share for that matter, or even in
the smb.conf file.  Why?

Thanks, Trevor.