[Samba] Samba Server Problem

Nosh5 at aol.com Nosh5 at aol.com
Mon Aug 19 06:48:00 GMT 2002

I am trying to set up a samba server however no matter what I try I can not seem to browse my shares from a windows machine. I can view the Samba server in network neighborhood but if i click it (or do a net view) I just recieve an error. On the Samba web site there were some tests to try and all of them worked (pinging, browsing shares from the samba server using smbclient etc.) right up until it said to do a net view from the windows machine.
I have tried different settings in my smb.conf and so far nothing has worked however this is what it is set to right now:

[global]
    server string = Samba Server
    guest account = nobody
    workgroup = SBS
    netbios name = SAMBA
    public = yes
    browsable = yes
    domain logons = no
    null passwords = yes
    min passwd length = 0
    password level = 8
    username level = 8
    wins server = 192.168.0.1
;   interfaces = 192.168.0.199/255.255.0.0
;   bind interfaces only = yes
    dns proxy = no
    guest ok = yes
    map to guest = bad user
    encrypt passwords = no
    security = user
    log level = 3
    local master = no
    domain master = no
;   alternate permissions = yes

[NETLOGON]
    path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
    guest ok = yes
    readonly = yes

[share]
    comment = Share Directory
    path = /share
    read only = no
    public = yes
    browsable = yes

and BTW the following command:
nmblookup -B 192.168.255.255 samba returns:
name_query failed to find name samba

my net mask is 255.255.0.0 and my samba server name is samba

Thanks,
Nathan