[Samba] unix_group.214783404

Luigi Bennardi luigi.bennardi at discreet.com
Mon Aug 19 01:51:01 GMT 2002

Thanks Andrew,

Could you give a link for this patch.

Luigi

-----Original Message-----
From: abartlet at bartlett.house [mailto:abartlet at bartlett.house]On Behalf
Of Andrew Bartlett
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2002 02:59
To: Luigi Bennardi
Cc: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [Samba] unix_group.214783404

Luigi Bennardi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have created a test environment (see bellow) cause we have to upgrade
> Samba for some compatibility with Win2k SP2 and XP.
> Question : We have reproduced exactly what we have on production except
for
> Samba but for some reasons the user jdoe is not member of same group as on
> production ??? Why we get computer(o2pdc)\unix_group.214783404 and
> computer(o2pdc)\develop ?
>
> For my understanding samba is unable to get access (via yp) to group. This
> is correct ?
>
> Thanks for your answer and my bad English.
>
> Luigi Bennardi
>
> => Test Aera <=
>
> FYI : This is what we have for an user jdoe
> ====
>
> NT Domain : TEST
> PDC : o2pdc
> IRIX : 6.5
> Samba : 2.2.5
> YP enabled
>
> User is a member of group 02pdc\develop.
> User is a member of group \Everyone.
> User is a member of group BUILTIN\Administrators.
> User is a member of group BUILTIN\Users.
> User is a member of group o2pdc\unix_group.214783404
> User is a member of group \LOCAL.
> User is a member of group NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE.
> User is a member of group NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated
>
> => Production Aera <=
>
> FYI : This is what we have for an user jdoe
> ====
>
> NT Domain = PRODUCTION
> IRIX : 6.5
> Samba : TNG

Questions regarding Samba TNG should be directed to
tng-users at samba-tng.org as samba.org no longer has any official ties to
that project.

The TNG and the samba.org versions do differ quite a bit in this area,
so the fact that there are inconsistancies does not supprise me.  In
this particular case, a patch has been commited to 2.2, and the entire
area has been redone in HEAD.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org