[Samba] Power Failures or Spikes

Nicholas Couchman snick4584 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 18 12:51:01 GMT 2002

This is very true if you have Cisco switches.  They are great, but when the
power goes out they take a couple minutes to start up (run through diagnostics,
boot the Cisco IOS) and then some more time to rebuild the MAC address tables
(which are stored in RAM, so they go away when the switch looses power).  Some
switches, like the unmanaged NetGear ones (or any "un-managed" switch, for that
matter), only take time to rebuild the MAC address tables.

--Nick