[Samba] RE: 1st thought: was: help (Still) w2k pro no longer trusted by 2.2.3 pdc

mitchbnj_removethis at excite.com faslink at excite.com
Fri Aug 16 05:56:00 GMT 2002

Thanks for the suggestions Trevor. Reformatting in case someone else has problem too: MY COMMENTS are in CAPS to make easier to understand.
.*(U said) ..(snips...)...
a) I (had) same problem, if I remember correctly,
my trusted accounts had names too long (>14 characters) (1)
and there was a CAPS issue, make sure all is correct,
even if windows forces caps when you're using lowercase.

(1) INTERESTING. SO "MILO" would affect it, or is it DOMAIN+CLIENT NAME (OUTLAND+MILO) STILL only is 12 characters.
(But it IS over 11 characters which is another MS-DOS # of importance too)

b) (SNIP) (Trevor said he) used computername$ for useradd & passwd -l, and computername without $ for the samba side
of things.

OK. YES, I also did adduser -g user milo$ and
smbpasswd -a milo$
(PW) milo

OH NO. DONT TELL ME THE SMBPASSWD is supposed to be a
smbpasswd -a milo
(PW) milo
( I would bet that ISNT correct for the smbpasswd option.-phew)

c) Did you # passwd -l )
NO, BUT I DID A /BIN/FALSE for login shell

You most probably know more than me,  **(Nah)

Have you tried writing to someone on the team?
TRIED IT, NO RESPONSE

One thing I'm sure of is that your problem is definitely Computer Trust Account related.

I AGREE (GRIN)