[Samba] Samba killing windows spool service

Curt Koehn c-koehn at bethel.edu
Fri Aug 16 05:42:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 05:02, Mark Vodden wrote:
> Thanks very much Curt,
>
> Where exactly in smb.conf did you place the "default devmode = yes"?  It is
> the same case for us, we have all HP printers and drivers.

I put it in the [Printers] section.  Here is that section in my smb.conf

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = yes
   guest ok = no
   read only = yes
   writable = no
   printable = yes
   printer admin = root xxxx xxxx xxxx
   default devmode = yes

> Also, I have installed a 2.2.5 binary, will the patch still work in the same
> way?

I had the 2.2.5 source rpm and applied the patches to it.  You have to
apply the patches to the source and rebuild the binary rpm.  I don't
know how familiar you are with RPMs but I've found the following
document very helpful and it discusses how to use patches (under
macros).

http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/

You also might want to check and see if these patches have been included
in the src rpm on the samba site.

--
Curt Koehn
ITS Operations System Analyst