[Samba] Access WinNT Server via Samba.

Gagneet Singh gagneet at acmet.com
Fri Aug 16 05:01:01 GMT 2002

Hi!

We have just installed a Linux machine in our organization. (Current File
server is WinNT).

For the new people we have made the network/domain access through the
Linux/Samba machine. Now the problem arises, we, have our Intranet site on
the NT machine and want the new people to access it.

The NT machine asks for a username for anyone trying to log in who is not a
user on NT server.

Is there a way to make Samba a user on NT so that the user trying to access
NT can do so via the Samba user on NT. (although he would be using his own
Samba username and password to access the Samba machine.) This is required
as we need a log of who all is accessing the intranet site and when.

Thanx

Gagneet

My smb.conf file is given below.

# Global parameters
[global]
 workgroup = LINUX
 netbios name = LINUXSERVER5
 server string = Samba Server [Version: %v]
 security = SHARE
 encrypt passwords = Yes
 log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
 max log size = 0