[Samba] unix_group.214783404

Luigi Bennardi luigi.bennardi at discreet.com
Fri Aug 16 04:00:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

We have created a test environment (see bellow) cause we have to upgrade
Samba for some compatibility with Win2k SP2 and XP.
Question : We have reproduced exactly what we have on production except for
Samba but for some reasons the user jdoe is not member of same group as on
production ??? Why we get computer(o2pdc)\unix_group.214783404 and
computer(o2pdc)\develop ?

For my understanding samba is unable to get access (via yp) to group. This
is correct ?

Thanks for your answer and my bad English.

Luigi Bennardi

=> Test Aera <=

FYI : This is what we have for an user jdoe
====

NT Domain : TEST
PDC : o2pdc
IRIX : 6.5
Samba : 2.2.5
YP enabled

User is a member of group 02pdc\develop.
User is a member of group \Everyone.
User is a member of group BUILTIN\Administrators.
User is a member of group BUILTIN\Users.
User is a member of group o2pdc\unix_group.214783404
User is a member of group \LOCAL.
User is a member of group NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE.
User is a member of group NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated

=> Production Aera <=

FYI : This is what we have for an user jdoe
====

NT Domain = PRODUCTION
IRIX : 6.5
Samba : TNG
YP enabled

User is a member of group PRODUCTION\develop.
User is a member of group \Everyone.
User is a member of group BUILTIN\Administrators.
User is a member of group BUILTIN\Users.
User is a member of group PRODUCTION\Domain Admins.