[Samba] samba & acl & xfs

Martin (Tino) Peikert tino at nolog.org
Fri Aug 16 02:29:01 GMT 2002

Hi Antonio, hi to all the others,

Antonio Nikolic wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> let's summarize a bit:
>
> I have installed woody from a bootable cd with a xfs-patched kernel: 2.4.18.

Ok, I have kernel 2.4.19-xfs from cvs at sgi and recompiled it to fit my
hardware (I used dpkg-make to build the kernel debs).

>>From the woody dist I installed attr, libattr1 and attr-dev (which claim to be "largerly"
> compatible with XFS in the package-description)
> Further I installed the xfs-packages that came with woody: xfsdump_2.0.1-1, xfsprogs_2.0.3-1
> and xfslibs-dev_2.0.3-1.
> Because getfacl and setfacl were missing I downloaded the acltools from SGI and compiled
> debian binaries with "rules binary" and installed them (acl_2.0.9-1, libacl1_2.0.9-1 and
> acl-dev_2.0.9_1).

nichtsnutz:~/samba-2.2.3a/source# dpkg -S getfacl
acl: /usr/bin/getfacl
acl: /usr/share/man/man1/getfacl.1.gz

So this should do:
apt-get install acl acl-dev

> FINALLY, I've downloaded the sambasources 2.2.5 and modified the "rules"-file from the
> packaging directories to compile with-acl-support. But compiling with "rules binary" fails,
> saying acl was not supported.

I still use samba-2.2.3a-6 that I got using
apt-get source samba

Then I edited samba-2.2.3a/source/configure as described. Then
./configure --with... showed me Posix acl support, make and make install
  gave me samba running with acl support. But not a debian package. As
mentioned before, I already wrote a bug report to debian since there
seems to be a bug in configure.in.

HTH
GTi