[Samba] (2.2.5) Does AUTO PRINTER DRIVERS work - definitive statement please

Trevor Fraser trevor at systematic.co.za
Thu Aug 15 23:48:00 GMT 2002

Hi Peter.

I didn't quite catch the answer to the question.

> > One other thing I wasn't aware of, and could someone please explain.
> > Comment number (3) in your email -
> > "Make sure you initialize the devicemode of the printer on the server."
> >
> > Could someone tell me how I would do this?  (sorry, my knowledge is not
> > impressive)
> >
> > No wonder it wasn't working for me hey?

Can you explain what Jerry mean by
"Make sure you initialize the devicemode of the printer on the server."
I've most probably done this without knowing what it was, but I'm trying to
learn the ins and outs so just getting it to work isn't good enough...(how
ungrateful)

So if you know the explanation, please send it to me.
Thanks, Trevor.

One volunteer is as strong as ten hired men.