[Samba] Small Bug with username map (2.2.5)

peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Thu Aug 15 22:56:00 GMT 2002

Hi, there appears to be a problem with a minor part of username map file
interpretation.

When I put an exclamation mark before a line in the file, that is supposed
to stop any further mapping if a match has already been made.
That's what I understand to be the case.
This is not happening for me.

When I connect from a Win2k machine as Administrator, the log file
records the mapping from Administrator to smbadmin,
then instead of stopping after the ! exclamation point line,
it continues on and maps with the  wildcard mapping.

Can anyone else verify this behaviour for me.

Below is a sample of my username map file and
the log file.

thanks
-peter.
p.s.
using Samba 2.2.5, Win2k and Solaris 8

smbadmin = administrator Administrator
nobody = user1
nobody = user2
nobody = user3
!nobody = user99

nobody = *

;The ! means to stop processing file after this line if a match has already been
 made.
;Otherwise, process the next line...

[2002/08/16 16:20:27, 3] lib/username.c:map_username(168)
  Mapped user Administrator to smbadmin
[2002/08/16 16:20:27, 3] lib/username.c:map_username(168)
  Mapped user smbadmin to nobody

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or National Transport Secretariat, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.