[Samba] Samba MiniConf at LCA 2003

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Aug 15 21:23:00 GMT 2002

Hello All,
	I'm one of the organisers for The Australian Linux Technical
Conference called linux.conf.au (LCA for short).  At LCA we are having
mini-conferences.  These mini-confs are not officially part of the main LCA
but are aimed at specific subsections of the (Australian) Linux community.

Currently at LCA2003 we have a confirmed Debian mini-conf SAGE-AU (Systems
Administrators Guild of Aus.) are also looking at running one.

I'm asking the broader Samba community if they would like to run a
Samba mini-conf at LCA2003.  Tridge will be at LCA so will prolly be able
to speak at a mini-conf also.

One key idea behind the mini-confs is zero-load on the main LCA crew.  We
supply the venue, link to your own planning site and you do the rest.
As far as attendees go, they just rock up 2 days early for the main LCA2003
event.  Mini-confs are not big professional affairs.  I highly recommend that
someone organise one if there is interest.

I s'pose this email has 2 purposes:
	1, to find out if there is interest in a Samba mini-conf
	2, to find someone willing to run it.

If you have any further questions the don't hesitate to ask.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!