[Samba] Re: WERR_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER if more than 21 printers on enumprinters

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Thu Aug 15 14:48:31 GMT 2002

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 01:06:40PM +0200, Thomas Reifferscheid wrote:

> If I have more then 21 printers in smb.conf I get
>
> [2002/08/15 12:30:50, 5] rpc_parse/parse_prs.c:prs_werror(618)
>       000c status: WERR_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER
>

> with the rpc "enumprinters".
>
> What the heck is this ?

We're probably doing something silly when there are more than 21
printers to return when a client asks to enumerate them.  It's a bit
hard to tell without some more context.

Can you say which version of Samba you are using, which client etc?
This would help with your other problems too.  Are you able to provide
log files, network traces etc if necessary?

Tim.