[Samba] Question on Accessing Samba Shares from a Windows XP Pro box...

Technology Listserves techlists at execinc.com
Thu Aug 15 12:12:01 GMT 2002

Howdy.

I created a Linux File Server (Redhat 7.3, w/ Samba 2.2.3) and some file shares for my documents. I can ping the server from my Windows XP pro box and vice versa, I know Samba is running and have the "encrypted passwords" option in Samba turned on.

On the XP machine, I can see the linux file server, but cannot access any of the shares. It tells me I don't have permission (or some goofy thing like this).

Does anyone know of some "common" stumbling points I may be experiencing here? Any advice would be appreciated.

-Steve