[Samba] On setting up printing...

Romeyn Prescott prescor at digirom.potsdam.edu
Thu Aug 15 05:25:02 GMT 2002

Greetings,

[new to this list]

I've used Samba for a couple of years but until now have never had
occasion to deal with sharing printers.

I made the mistake of reading BOOKS on the subject which all deal
with deprecated and soon-to-be-discontinued methods of distributing
drivers to clients (Win9x --> 2000).  The documentation as provided
with Samba (I've been perusing mainly the htmldocs) is fine as far as
it goes, but seems lacking.  I can't for the life of me get the APW
to show up on my Windows 2000 machine and I am not able to add
drivers for other versions of Windows.

Also, the box I am configuring will be sharing over 125 printers.
Will Samba handle this?

Can anyone recommend some more..."robust" docs on printer issues with Samba?

Thanks,
...ROMeyn
--
http://www2.potsdam.edu/dctm/prescor/signat-url.htm