[Samba] Winbind in Samba 2.2.5 not automatically mapping the NT users with corresponding UNIX accounts

Schmeling, Bernd Bernd.Schmeling at ish.com
Thu Aug 15 00:02:01 GMT 2002

Have you tried in smb.conf
    username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/domainuser.map
    winbind use default domain = no

For every user you have to create an entry in the
/usr/local/samba/lib/domainuser.map, that looks like
    <unixusername> = "<domainname>+<username>"

I´m using a script that generates the domainuser.map automaticly, because
our users are using NIS and Samba accounts with the same name.
Bernd