[Samba] Applying a Patch.

Trevor Fraser trevor at systematic.co.za
Wed Aug 14 23:32:00 GMT 2002

Hello all.

I sent a message to Jerry and the list, I see it didn't appear, must have made an error.  Maybe that's good, I shouldn't hassle Jerry about minor stuff.

I've never applied a patch.  What does it entail, I'm sure being a rocket scientist isn't part of it?   I been to the site and seen the patches, they look like scripts that can be run, is this the case?  How?  Do I just type

# ./patchname    ?

Please can you give me an outline of what I must do.

Thanks, Trevor.