[Samba] Bug? Seg. Fault

Jancs jancs at ktf.rtu.lv
Wed Aug 14 23:16:00 GMT 2002

Dear Sirs,

i (as well as others, too) found such problem I will describe my case):

I have a Slackware server, kernel 2.4.5, with default NLS for remote
clients - cp775, smb 2.0.9
If i connect to this server from my desktop running Slackware/2.4.18/ with
default locale UTF8, everything is OK until i cd into smbmounted directory
which conatains files with names containing specific Latvian characters. In
that case seg fault happens and everything freezes.

In the same time nothing bad happens if i cd into such directory locally,
logged on to the server. As well, server logs do not show anything
specific, but un the workstation i did not found anything which could

Is there some solution?

Jancs
Laps Cileecish

http://www.tehvi.tk