[Samba] Performance problems in XP

Chris McCluskey questions at digitaldeck.com
Wed Aug 14 09:43:00 GMT 2002

I have experienced much the same issues. There were two causal factors
I have found so far.

The first was a misconfigured copy of MS Services for UNIX running on
the client. Removing it fixed the problem (since we didn't need the
services anyway. The second was a crappy onboard NIC. Adding a new NIC
fixed this.

I still have one machine in the office that just takes a super long
time using SAMBA. Regular domain machine access and authentication is
fine, as is normal TCP/IP traffic. I have not tried a clean install of
XP -- which I suspect may fix it.

Hope this helps.