[Samba] mode=777 does not work as fstab option

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Wed Aug 14 08:32:01 GMT 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, David Cougle wrote:

> //ip/public      /mnt/home          smbfs
> auto,fmask=666,dmask=777,defaults,guest,rw
>

> user perkins is not mentioned?

I think you had that in your original mail. Or not.

I'm not very deeply into the details of windows users and permissions
but when connecting as guest you get a very limited user. Does it help any
if you specify a username/password for one of the users that could write
to the directory?

If that doesn't change anything, consider getting the network trace from
ethereal as I mentioned.

/Urban