[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 and ACL

Hardi Gunawan hardigunawan at inbox.lv
Wed Aug 14 04:51:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I've a problem in running configure for samba 2.2.5.  I'm using redhat 7.3,
with ACL support from http://acl.bestbits.at/.  I've tested that the ACL is
working on the filesystem, and samba can find it too.  Here's the error:

checking if large file support can be enabled... yes
checking whether to support ACLs... checking for acl_get_file in -lacl... yes
checking for ACL support... yes
Using posix ACLs
checking for acl_get_perm_np... no
checking whether to build winbind... yes
checking whether to enable winbind auth challenge/response code... checking
whether or not getgroups returns EGID too many times... yes
checking whether struct passwd has pw_comment... no
checking whether struct passwd has pw_age... no
checking for poptGetContext in -lpopt... yes
checking whether to use included popt... no
checking configure summary... configure: error: summary failure. Aborting
config

What's actually happening?  What should I change/ look out for?