[Samba] Changing ACLs

Goetz Rieger goetz.rieger at suse.de
Wed Aug 14 01:36:01 GMT 2002

Hey,

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:26:30 +0200
Martin Peikert <tino at nolog.org> wrote:

you should be able to change permissions with the security tab from the
Windows boxes. I think it works with 2.2.3a, but why not use the latest,
greatest?

Have you compiled Samba with --with-acl-support?

Götz

> I'd like to know if it's _possible_ to change access control lists on a
> samba server (samba 2.2.3a, linux 2.4.19-xfs) using the tools MS windows
> (NT, w2k) provides. I already can change them using chacl, setfacl on
> the command line - this works without a problem. But the administrators
> I have to work with have absolutely no experience in *ix, they'd like to
> use their windows gui tools to change the permissions...
>
> If it is possible, I still make a mistake. If not, I'll teach them how
> to use a command line.
>
> GTi
>

> --

Goetz Rieger
SuSE Linux AG                                 Professional Services
Geschaeftsstelle Rhein-Ruhr                   Phone: +49 2241 92917-39
Marie-Curie-Str. 11-17, D-53757 St. Augustin  Fax:   +49 2241 314599