[Samba] Changing ACLs

Martin Peikert tino at nolog.org
Wed Aug 14 01:28:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

I'd like to know if it's _possible_ to change access control lists on a
samba server (samba 2.2.3a, linux 2.4.19-xfs) using the tools MS windows
(NT, w2k) provides. I already can change them using chacl, setfacl on
the command line - this works without a problem. But the administrators
I have to work with have absolutely no experience in *ix, they'd like to
use their windows gui tools to change the permissions...

If it is possible, I still make a mistake. If not, I'll teach them how
to use a command line.

GTi