[Samba] Help Please

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Aug 13 12:24:01 GMT 2002

This sounds like the well known ODOA vs OA (windows versus unix) line
termination difference.  You can't simply share text files between
windows and unix because of this.  Some software is insensitive to this
problem, some isn't. For example, vim will take note of what type of
line termination the document has and use it.

Some windows software, like word perhaps, solves this problem too. So
might wordpad.  I doubt notepad is that smart.

I do not believe that samba has automatic conversion of file types.
To do it manually,

cat file | sed "s/$/\r/" might do it going from unix to windows.
cat file | sed "s/\r//" going from windows to unix.

Joel