[Samba] smbclient reports a w98 as master

Steve steve at videogroup.com
Tue Aug 13 09:00:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

Now I'm really stomped!

Has anyone ever seen a w98 box appear to be a master in a samba network?

I upgraded my samba server to rh7.3 recently. Today I noticed that all the
other shares that normally shows up on a win box are not there. Only the
samba server. So I start checking with ping, all OK.
Then DNS, all OK.
Subnet, mask, all OK.
testparm is all OK.
smbd is running and listing resources from the server says that Server
Workgroup are fine but the master shows the bios name of a w98 box...
(The name resolves to the proper ip.)

I checked the box and cannot find anything odd or unusual running on it.

Thanks!
--

Steve Szmidt
V.P. Information Technology