[Samba] Problem with samba and screen saver

sheldona sheldona at evanite.com
Tue Aug 13 06:53:00 GMT 2002

I am running:
Samba 2.2.4 client
On my workstation Red Hat version 7.2
KDE desktop
Connecting to our Microsoft network.  This works fine.

However when I turn on the screen saver with password and the screen locks I
cannot get back in (none of my passwords work, including the root password
and I must use the power switch to restart the workstation).  Does anyone
know what password the screen saver is validating against and if this still
works with Samba enabled (in particular when authenticating to an NT
domain).

Al Sheldon
IS manager
Evanite Fiber Corporation