[Samba] Samba and Quantum Snap Server

Irving Carrion icarrion at allinterior.com
Tue Aug 13 05:13:01 GMT 2002

Hello All,

Has anyone tried to implement SAMBA with Quantum's Snap Server?  I am
unable to see the SAMBA/LINUX users in the samba interface so that I may
set permissions to shares on it.  I've added the Snaps NETBIOS name to
the SAMBA box and still no go.  And the SNAPS web based configuration is
pretty straight forward so I would say it is configured correctly.
Besides, it worked just fine on NT 4.  Spoke to the tech support
personnel yesterday at Quantum and they couldn't help.  The only helpful
info they gave me was that the SNAP runs on a FREEBSD operating system.
He also stated that it was not running SAMBA (hmmm then how else can it
grab users from NT and act as a file server for NT if it indeed is a
FREEBSD).  Any help / insight HIGHLY appreciated.

Many Thanks!
IRV