[Samba] Samba/Cups Newbie question...

Larry Engleman larry at burgiss.com
Tue Aug 13 05:08:00 GMT 2002

If you've got a win2k machine lying around somewhere...
Navigate to the printers share on the server.  Right click on
one of the printers and go to properties.  It may ask if you want to
install the drivers locally.  Say no.  Then in the "Advanced" tab of
the properties page, there is a button called "New Driver".  Click on
that and you can add the drivers just as if you were adding them to a
win2k machine.  I also read somewhere that you can use the "additional
drivers" button under sharing, but I've never had to do so.

You will have to be logged in as a printer admin to do this.