[Samba] Mounting past the share level (\\server\share\path)

Gregory Longfellow skexis at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 13 01:09:01 GMT 2002

I've run into a bit of a stoppage here.  Let me briefly describe the
situation --

I have one Windows 2000 PDC.  This holds the SAM we authenticate to across
all of our machines via Kerberos5 or RADIUS.

I have a few Linux boxen.  They are each running winbind, and it runs
flawlessly.

What I would like to do is mount each user's Windows 2000 home directory
(\\server\share\username) under linux as the same home directory.

I can set the home directory in winbind.
I can mount an arbitrary samba path on login, as the user, via smbpwman.
I can't issue a mount request to samba so that it understands anything past
the share level.

Any ideas?

-reijo