[Samba] Unable to open configuration file "/anywhere i specify"

Don Zajic donald.zajic at verizon.net
Mon Aug 12 13:59:04 GMT 2002

What switches did you include when you "configured" Samba??

This is my command line when I ran configure:

./configure  --prefix=/usr --with-lockdir=/var/lock/samba
--with-privatedir=/etc/samba --with-swatdir=/usr/share/swat
--with-smbmount --with-configdir=/etc/samba

This will make all "Samba" programs to look for smb.conf in the
/etc/samba directory.

Don Zajic