[Samba] windows XP native printer driver upload

Brad Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Mon Aug 12 13:09:01 GMT 2002

I can upload most drivers to samba (2.2.6pre).
However when it comes to the built-in windows XP drivers
I am faced with a dialog box asking for the driver location.

I've tried various directories on the cd
and inside of windows itself but it constantly
puts up an error message saying that no drivers could be found in

e:\printers\nt4\i386

no matter what path i choose it seems to revert to this path...

anybody else seen this?
workaround?

I can't test this against a windows server since I don't have one.

brad