[Samba] ACL settings

Kai Blin kai.blin at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Aug 12 02:34:00 GMT 2002

On Monday 12 August 2002 12:53, Stephan Pfeiffer wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i have download the latest verion of samba (2.2.5) and acltools from
> bestbits. i would use an fileserver with acl support, but i have some
> problems. after uncompress the tar-archiv i type in the sourcedirectory:
>
> ./configure --with-quotas --with-acl-support

do you have the acl development libraries installed?

> and i get the following:
>
> "checking whether to support ACLs... checking for acl_get_file in -lacl...
> (cached) no checking for ACL support... (cached) no"
>
> is this normal?

No, this means that comfigure can't find the acl development libs. Usually
this is because they're not installed, or in the wrong path.

HTH, Kai

--
Kai Blin 	Linux system administrator 	Tel: Ring-86592
Allgemeine Chirurgie 	Universitaetsklinikum Tuebingen

Give me a Plumber's friend the size of the Pittsburgh dome, and a place
to stand, and I will drain the world.