[Samba] samba pdc redhat 7.3

Rasmus Reinholdt Nielsen rasmus at narani.dk
Sun Aug 11 10:12:00 GMT 2002

Hi

I have too samba pdc each controlling it's own domain. My old Redhat 7.2
(samba 2.2.2) is working fine with logons fra win 2k machines. On the
redhat 7.3 (tried samba 2.2.3a, 2.2.2, 2.2.5) it ads the machine accounts,
are in /etc/password and /etc/samba/smbpassword with the $ where they
should be. The problem is that I can not log in to the domain comtrolled by
the 7.3 machine.
It gives the following error:

"The system cannot log you on to this domain because the system computer
account in its primary domain is missing or the password on that account is
incorrect."

I have reinstalled Samba 3 times, every time rejoined the clients and even
tryed ones to remove the MSCHINE.SID fil. Nothing helps. I have tryed to
manuelly create the machine accounts and tryed to do it "on the fly", but
its the same everytime.

The global section of the conf fil are the same on both pdc's (included
below) and everything else regarding Samba are set up the same. In the
/var/log/samba/log.machinename nothing is add to the win2k machine
accounts. Win9x machines can log in to both domains, and the win2k machines
can log in to the domain controlled by the 6.2 pdc.

Anybody else who has encountered this problem? and know how to fix it..

smb.conf:

[global]
         workgroup = DOMAIN
         netbios name = LS1
         server string = PDC
         encrypt passwords = Yes
         min passwd length = 4
         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
         max log size = 50
         add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g 100 -c %m -d /dev/null
-s /bin/false %m$
         logon script = %U.BAT
         logon path =
         logon drive = M: