[Samba] Displaying Chinese characters in filenames

Loopiehk loopiehk at loopie.net
Sun Aug 11 00:45:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

I've setup Samba on my linux server and am sharing a few filesystems to
Windows and OS X. Both OS (Windows and OS X) can display the Chinese
filenames, if the file in on their local harddisk. However when I copy the
file to the samba shared drive, the filename changes to garbage.

Is it possible to display Chinese characters on a samba shared drive? Is
this a Linux or Samba issue and what must I do to correct this?

I'm using Samba version 2.2.2 on RedHat 7.3 kernel 2.4.18.

Thanks
-charles