[Samba] weird username mappings in samba 2.2.5

James S. Martin james.martin at digex.com
Sat Aug 10 04:35:35 GMT 2002

I'm running Samba/Winbind 2.2.5.  I have the box joined into my NT
Domain and everything is peachy.  I copied a file from my Windows box to
the Samba and then clicked on properties and checked the permissions.
First off, it took a while to retrieve the permissions, secondly the
last name on the list was something like S1-2343-23423232-81238912389,
which I believe is a SID.  Now I logged onto the box with a domain
account that the Samba server belongs to.  Why isn't the permission list
for that file mapping to the username of the account I logged in as?
Why is it using the SID?

Thanks,

James