[Samba] compiling 2.2.5 with cups

Tony McGrew tony at multicam.com
Sat Aug 10 04:00:07 GMT 2002

I have determined that the printing problems are from the RH rpm not having
cups compiled in so I am trying to compile it myself.  I have downloaded the
source rpm from and extracted it.  I have previously compiled cups 1.1.15 so
I think the compiler is intalled correctly.  Anyhow when I run the configure
script I get the error bad interpreter : permission denied.  I am running as
root.  The gcc version is 2.96.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, or
even a link to an RH rpm binary that has cups compiled in.

Thanks.

Tony McGrew
WWW.Multicam.com