[Samba] Samba PDC and Powerusers

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Aug 8 07:56:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 10:31, Goetz Rieger wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I´m sorry if this has been discussed in extenso before...but I couldn´t
> find much about that topic.
>
> What are the possibilities or workarounds to get something like the
> "powerusers" group working when using a Samba PDC?
>
> Some software seems to depend on that....
nope - it's the permissions on the client...
you can change them so that domain users can do whatever they
need to. However, it is easier to have a power users group on the server
joined to the local power users. (that's not possible with samba2).
It should be possible with samba3 (but it's not working right now either
- I'm trying to debug it but i don't know this code very well so it is a
slow process for me.).

As I see it - the current workaround is to add the needed domain users
to the local power users group.

brad