[Samba] Problems with Samba 2.2.5 and Solaris 8

Robert Stuart rstu at qsa.qld.edu.au
Thu Aug 8 06:53:03 GMT 2002

Hi,

Check out source/smbd/conn.c and find the line that defines something like
MAX_CONNECTIONS 128

Bump it up to something big.  This was an issue for us, but we are running
W2K TS, not NT (it multiplexes sessions via one PID/process), and there is
no longer (someone correct me if I am wrong) reg setting to turn it off.

Do you have any trouble with locking?  We have locking problems after a
couple of days (the locking db seems to get corrupt).

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Joerg Hendricks wrote:

> Here is one of the Lines from our Log-File:
>
> [2002/08/08 14:16:41, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(340)
>   Couldn't find free connection.
>
> Is there a Variable or something like that where i can configure the Number of
> possible Connections from one Client?
> Or is it an Error comming up from th Operatingsystem? (Maybe the Variables in
> the Sourcecode are to small ? ...)

Regards,

Robert Stuart