[Samba] Problems with Samba 2.2.5 and Solaris 8

Joerg Hendricks Joerg.Hendricks at vodafone.com
Thu Aug 8 06:30:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

we've got a Problem with our Samba-Fileserver.
Shortly I installed Samba 2.2.5 compiled under Solaris 8 with gcc version 2.95.2
19991024 (release).

We have some NT-Servers using Windows NT4 Terminal Server Edition. And there are
round about 70 Users per Server using them.

Now my Problem:

Everything works fine until one Client opens the 129th Connection to the
Samba-Server. The Server can no longer open connections to the Samba-Server and
also the Domain is no longer available.

Here is one of the Lines from our Log-File:

[2002/08/08 14:16:41, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(340)
  Couldn't find free connection.

Is there a Variable or something like that where i can configure the Number of
possible Connections from one Client?
Or is it an Error comming up from th Operatingsystem? (Maybe the Variables in
the Sourcecode are to small ? ...)

Greetings

Joerg Hendricks