[Samba] smb message to Instant Message gateway?

Barry Smoke bsmoke at bryant.k12.ar.us
Wed Aug 7 19:05:02 GMT 2002

Anyone done any work on making an smb message to
ICQ/AIM/MSN/Jabber/Miranda/whatever gateway?

We are starting to have a problem with all of the rampant instant
message installations on our network, and we would like to kill 2 birds
with one stone.  Allow use of one instant message program, such as
trillian, that also will serve as a method of sending messages out to
our clients in the event of having to take down the server.

Whatever client we use, will have to not be closeable for smb messages,
or whatever messages smb is converted to....

Any suggestions