[Samba] Help/Note: Bug in samba-2.2.5/msdfs

Shirish Kalele kalele at veritas.com
Wed Aug 7 16:33:02 GMT 2002

Hi Gunther,

I need a Samba level 10 log to find out what's going on. Could you do the
following:

* Introduce the msdfs root parameter back into smb.conf
* Set the debug level of the server to 10
* Restart the parent smbd, or alternatively: send a HUP signal to the
parent smbd.
* Reboot the NT-client.
* Perform the operations you do to get the error you mention below.
* Send me off-list the log file generated for the NT-client.
* Could you also send me the exact smb.conf file you are using for the log
file generated?
* If you can, also send me a snoop trace of the exchange between the
server and the NT-client (use -s 1600)

Thanks,
Shirish