[Samba] can't pause a samba shared printer from w2k pc

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Wed Aug 7 10:31:02 GMT 2002

Getting a little further...

If I didn't have the printer admin line in the share, or I do not
specify a queuepause command, when I try to pause from w2k I get: "You
do not have permissions to modify the settings for this printer. If you
need to change the settings, contact your network administrator."

When I specified a script file instead, the script was run.  %p
evaluated correctly, BUT I checked the uid and euid which were both
10000, from winbind.  The lpc start (printqueue) and lpc stop
(printqueue) don't work from a non-priveledged user.  So the queuepause
and queueresume command run with the priveledges of the user who logs
in?  How can I avoid this behavior, and have it run as root from samba,
like it needs to be for printer admins?

Thanks,
Daniel