FW: [Samba] Samba and *groan* Windows XP Home problems!

Tony Nichols tony at mail.applog.com
Wed Aug 7 06:11:02 GMT 2002

This is working for me .... And I have w98, w2k, winxp .... The pdc is
win2k(192.168.1.2) for wins resolution.

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================
[global]

# workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name
   workgroup = APPLOG

# server string is the equivalent of the NT Description field
   server string = Samba Server

   security = share

   socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=14596 SO_SNDBUF=14596

   remote announce = 192.168.1.255

   local master = no

   os level = 5

   name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast

   wins server = 192.168.1.2

   nt status support = no

==============================

[tmp]
   comment = Temporary file space
   path = /tmp
   read only = no
   public = yes
   guest ok = yes

I also set the folders in the share to owner "nobody"

Once this is all working you can try all the security stuff ..... Step
by step.

Good Luck!

A.G. (Tony) Nichols
I.S. Manager