[Samba] ltsp winbindd and kernels

David Leuser II dleuser at newhampton.org
Wed Aug 7 05:43:02 GMT 2002

Hi all, I'm a new samba junkie.

I just installed samba and tried to configure winbind so that I can share
my NT domain users on a Linux terminal system-- I'm not quite finished
yet, however, i noticed that since I installed and configured my smb.conf,
started the winbindd, etc., my terminals stopped working.  Nobody on the
LTSP list has replied yet, and I'm on a deadline to get this working.  I
followed the instructions in the how-to at:
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/winbind.html

Does anybody here know of anything I might have changed to mess up TFTP on
my machine? (my terminals freeze at 'loading vmlinuz....'; the point where
I believe they usually are downloading the kernel)

I can log into the local root account without problems....But something I
changed since Monday morning when I started all this, is preventing my
terminals from finishing the boot process-- and I'm thinking it had to do
with me and Samba.  I'm running Red Hat 7.2, and NT4.0 Server on the win
machine...  I'm stumped, any ideas before I mess things up further?

Thank you

--------- /etc/nsswitch.conf ---------
passwd: files winbind
shadow: files