[Samba] Fiile Permissions on samba shares

Minero Hector B DLVA MineroHB at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Wed Aug 7 05:35:02 GMT 2002

Hello all, I'm new to Samba and have the following questions:

How well do File permissions work on Samba?  Do they map well on the Unis
side?
When setting File or Directory permissions on a samba share, should it
behave the same way that a Win2k NTFS share?

We are currently testing the lastest version of Samba on a Solaris server
and have permissions problems.
1) Adding other domain users to the file permissions is not working.
2) Checking our unchecking the "Allow inheritable permissions from the
parent to propagate to this object" doe snot work either.

Is this the way that's supposed to work?

Thanks,

Hector Minero
Systems Administrator
NSWCDD Code K55