[Samba] print$ on merlin - Paused

Trevor Fraser trevor at systematic.co.za
Wed Aug 7 03:09:02 GMT 2002

Hello all.

When I use outlook express and try see the printer, it says "print$ on Merlin - Paused",
and I can't unpause it, I get: "You do hot have permission to modify the settings for this printer.  If you need to change the settings, contact your network administrator."  Merlin is the name of our samba server.  Also, when I try click on properties, nothing happens except the dropdown disappears.

What do you think?  What am I not seeing.  I followed the doc "Printing Support in Samba 2.2.x" as best I could.  I can always send more info if needed.

Thanks, Trevor.