[Samba] Strange printing problem

Vince Warde vince at douloscomputer.com
Tue Aug 6 10:10:03 GMT 2002

I work exclusively in the area of small LANS (5-10 machines max) where
security is not a major issue. Therefore I have always created simple
smb.conf files with share based security. I am also a newbee to Linux -
most of my experience has been with SAMBA.

Re: My current problem, I have set up the system with both open and root
only shares. All clients can view and write to the open folder shares. I
have also tried to make the printer available to everyone - but only the NT
based clients (NT4.0, 2000, XP) can print! 9x clients can see the printer,
they can connect to it and/or capture it, but no matter what settings I use
on the client side the print process locks up.

As you might expect, I am using client side drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The smb.conf file follows.
Thanks much!

Vince Warde

SAMBA Version 2.2.1a
Red Hat 7.2