[Samba] Can't Cange password

ascannel at fws.gov ascannel at fws.gov
Tue Aug 6 09:45:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Rajesh Prakasan wrote:

> Hi,
>     I can't change the password from the client machine, either from
> windows NT/2000/98/XP. It is giving the error invalid OLD PASSWORD. But
> the Old password is correct. What will be error? pls help me.

This is more of a generic response really.   It's
probably a bug in your 'passwd chat' script.

cheers, jerry

Another possibility is that the underlying Unix account is messed up.  You
can get this error if the shadow password file is not properly in sync.
Recreating the unix account will fix it.

Patrick