[Samba] Samba PDC/98/2k/XP plus NIS

Whitewolf elric at elric.net
Mon Aug 5 13:45:02 GMT 2002

Hello, I am trying to prevent having an NT PDC on my network. I am almost to the
point that I will need to just have an NT PDC for the Windows clients. Has anyone out
there setup a Samba 2.2x PDC for authentication of Win98/Win2k/XP clients and had
it work stable? If I am sure I can use a PDC to avoid having an NT PDC I will go that
route but I don't have the resources to setup a testbed for 98/2k/XP. I know 98 works
just fine, and 2k seems to work most the time, but I have no idea about XP. The other
part of this is that I am running NIS and would need the Samba PDC to use it to
auth users, is this possible yet or do I still have to use password syncing.

Brent